IMS (IP Media Subsystem) aims to improve interoperability between VoIP and TDM networks as well as fixed mobile convergence.
IMS is a core speciality at Albatross and our iNode Application Server is fully compatible with IMS architecture.
iNode Application Server
- Provides service control as an Application Server.
- Adaptable, can act as a SIP Redirect Server, SIP Proxy Server or SIP B2BUA (configuration depending upon individual customer requirements).
- Provides SIP routing services in a similar way as iNode SCP in IN networks
- A range of applications possible including Number Portability & ENUM Routing, Access Screening, Freephone, Call Barring.
- Can serve a gateway function (for example between CAMEL and SIP services) or provide SIP mediation.